Keeping Our Patients Safe
Breast Care for Washington is working hard to ensure the health and safety of its patients and staff. Please review the changes we have made and our new appointment procedures.
Patients must wear face coverings (mask) at all times when in the facility. Anyone refusing will not be allowed at BCW. If you do not have your own face covering, one will be provided to you when you arrive.
- Patients will be scheduled at a reduced rate to allow for social distancing time and space
- All patients will be screened for coronavirus symptoms and/or exposure prior to scheduling
- Please plan on coming ALONE to your appointment. If you need assistance you may bring one adult caregiver. Children are not allowed in our waiting room.
- Breast Care for Washington will call you 48 hours prior to your appointment to confirm your availability for your appointment.
- You must call back within 24 hours to confirm or your appointment will be cancelled. You will again be screened verbally for COVID-19 during your appointment confirmation call.
- We will not be accepting walk-in patients.
- Social distancing is to be practiced at all times. Guideline signage is provided in the waiting room.
- No more than 4 patients will be allowed in the main waiting area at any time.
- Patients are to be seated until called upon.
- You may be asked to wear gloves during your mammography procedure at the technician’s discretion. The gloves may be removed after the procedure but face coverings must be worn at all times.
- Alcohol based hand sanitizer is available to our patients in both the waiting and patient care areas.
Keeping You Safe
- New plexiglass physical barriers have been installed between staff and patients for a safe intake process
- All Breast Care for Washington staff will be wearing PPE at all times. Your mammography technician will be wearing an N-95 mask, isolation gown, gloves, and eye protection.
- After delivering care all rooms and all medical equipment will be cleaned completely
- After each patient interaction we will wipe down all surface areas including lockers, counters, door knobs, chairs, table areas.